The November issue of Prune Juice is now available, including the result of the second annual Jane Reichhold Memorial Haiga Competition. Check it out here: https://prunejuice.files.wordpress.com/2017/11/pj-231.pdf
Prune Juice Journal and Failed Haiku are happy to announce the creation of a senryu haiga competition in honor of Jane Reichhold. Jane’s passing touched many of us; her love of all the haiku arts was legendary. We especially wanted her love of haiga and of senryu to be remembered and celebrated by artists and poets of both forms.
We have assembled three judges for this competition: Kris Kondo, Ron C. Moss, and Linda Papanicolaou . Their decisions will be final.
Here are the rules of the competition:
1. Three First Place winners will be chosen from the following categories:
a. Traditional Haiga, as in ink, ink wash, watercolor, oils, or tempera. To be judged by Ron C. Moss
b. Photographic based haiga. To be judged by Linda Papanicolaou .
c. Mixed Media, which can be any combination of traditional and photographic, or computer generated images and text. To be judged by kris moon (kondo )
d. All should contain a ‘senryu’ as the poem.
2. Winners in each category will each receive a $50 prize, and a book of haiga as a prize. AND they be be published in the November 5 issues of BOTH Prune Juice and Failed Haiku, along with a short write up by the judges.
3. The entries can be by a single artist providing both senryu and image, OR any form of collaboration between artists. Please be sure to include complete attribution to both images and poems with your entry.
4. Only TWO entries per artist, and collaborations will count toward both artist’s totals.
5. All entries can be sent in either JPG or PNG formats, and should be of a high quality.
6. In the email containing your entry please tell us ‘briefly’ about how the image was
created AND what category you are entering them in!
7. Entries should be original work that has not appeared in any edited journal, but work that
has been displayed on social media or personal websites ARE acceptable.
8. All entries will be sent by email to: email@example.com ONLY.
9. Entries will ONLY be received from September 15 to September 30 at Midnight Eastern
Time. Any entries received earlier or later will NOT be judged.
10. The judges will render their final decisions by October 20th, and the winners will be
notified shortly thereafter.
11. The judges will, at their sole discretion , name ANY number of other entries as Honorable Mentions.
Jane Reichhold was a poet/artist who worked in every form of haiga, some of which can be found at her site: AHA Poetry. A short memorial for her is posted at Under the Basho , with a link to her own long body of work. Jane inspired many, and we hope she will continue to inspire. Some of her own haiga can be found at her site: A HA Poetry .
Steve Hodge and Michael Rehling
The July issue of Prune Juice is now available, including the results of the second annual H. Gene Murtha Memorial Senryu Contest and MUCH more. Just click on this link to start reading now. Enjoy!
Just follow the link below to start reading the November issue of Prune Juice now!
The July issue of Prune Juice is hot off the presses, including the results of the First Annual H. Gene Murtha Memorial Senryu Contest, sponsored jointly by Failed Haiku and Prune Juice.
LINK TO ISSUE:
The March issue of Prune Juice is now available!
Click Image or Link Below: